Professional Development Opportunities
The English Language Programs is offering opportunities for professional development by presenting at a TESOL International Convention or regional TESOL conference during fall 2017 or spring 2018.
If you submit a proposal that is accepted for a TESOL conference, you may apply for a registration grant from the English Language Programs. Grants will cover your registration fees as a reimbursement after the successful completion of the presentation. You are responsible for the costs for travel or accommodations.
- You must be an alumnus or alumna of the English Language Fellow Program and have successfully completed a 10-month assignment. You may not be a Fellow currently on assignment at the time of the conference.
- Your session must address topics related to your time as an English Language Fellow. This could be a project, resource, or publication that you developed on assignment, or new learning and/or cultural experiences that have impacted your students and colleagues back at home.
- Your session proposal must be submitted to and accepted by TESOL International or one of the regional affiliates listed below.
How to Apply
To complete the application process, you will need to email us the following information. Your information must be submitted to email@example.com no later than one month prior to the selected conference.
- A copy of your session proposal submission including session description
- A copy of your acceptance letter including the title of your session
- An explanation of why you want to attend and present at this TESOL conference (250 words or less)
- An explanation of the impact of your fellowship on your host community and/or students and colleagues back at home (250 words or less)
- The cost of conference registration fees
All registration grant applications will be reviewed in late fall 2017. Applicants are responsible for registering for the conference, following registration timelines and requirements, and for making full payment of all registration fees.
If you are awarded a registration grant you will need to show proof of payment for the completed registration and a copy of the awarded presentation listed in the program book of that conference.
TESOL 2018 International Convention & English Language Expo
Professionals and scholars from all English language teaching educational contexts around the world are invited to submit proposals for the TESOL 2018 International Convention & English Language Expo. Proposals are due before Thursday, June 1 2017, 5:00 pm, U.S. Eastern Time (find the deadline in your time zone). The annual TESOL convention brings together educators and scholars from more than 100 countries to exchange ideas and practices, explore a wide range of topics and current trends, expand their professional networks, engage in mentoring on research and other projects, review the latest professional publications and resources, and learn about advocacy efforts in their community and around the world.
Sustaining Dialogues across the TESOL Community
March 27–30, 2018
Regional TESOL Conferences
TESOL regional affiliates offer English language educators professional information and support within their geographic regions. There are more than 100 independent associations worldwide with more than 40 in the U.S. representing all 50 states. Each offers its own opportunities for networking and professional development opportunities. Review the full list of TESOL affiliates below along with information about upcoming conference events and proposal submission deadlines.