The Community of Practice
The Community of Practice is an exclusive online portal for English Language Fellow Program participants and alumni to connect with each other, share and access resources, or post and search job opportunities in the TESOL field. Join today!
- Featured Job: Looking for a job or simply curious to know what’s out there? The jobs page on the COP has recently featured a range of opportunities including Education Manager for Curriculum and Instruction at World Relief DuPage Aurora in Illinois and Executive Director, English Language Institute at the English Language Institute in New York City. You can also read about a great volunteer opportunity for U.S. Exchange Alumni, U.S. exchange alumni can Host for America.
- Featured Fellows: This month’s Featured Fellow is Daniel Hirsch, a renewing Fellow in Baja California Sur, Mexico. Daniel describes how he uses a variety of English teaching experiences towards his current fellowship project. This year we will have many more Featured Fellows and Alumni Ambassadors, so please stay tuned!
- Featured Discussion: Outgoing and renewing Fellows from the 2016-17 academic cycle have shared numerous valuable insights about their fellowships in this Final Report Discussion – Lessons Learned and Advice thread.
- Featured Blog Post: Following her pre-departure orientation experience, Laos Fellow Eva Sullivan wrote about the positive experience meeting her colleagues in How to make 140 new friends in 5 days.
- Featured Library Resource: Our Featured Fellow Daniel Hirsch shared resources for Grammar Goof-ups: Fix Them Once and For All!
- Featured Gallery: Fellow Kelly Vassar has shared a great collection of photos featuring approximately 35 teachers at the American Corner Training w/ Djibouti and Senegal ELFs.